Friday, October 14, 2011

Quick one

As Monday was a holiday for many people, but not I or my wife, we had to find someone to watch my daughter for the day since daycare was closed. She ended up spending the day with my in-laws. I ended up getting this story second hand of course, but it still brought a smile to my face.

She was apparently in the car with them when they passed by a large downed tree. The told her, hey look at that M. Without missing a beat, she said "my daddy can fix that", which made the in-laws laugh. She must have remembered me cutting down and chopping up a tree for a neighbor a while back. I'm amazed at what kind of knowledge a three year old retains. She then went on to add "I love my daddy very much".

Why can't I be around to hear those? It always seems when she's with me that she wants nothing to do with daddy. Oh well, children will make you crazy and I only have one. I pity those of you with more.

5 comments:

  1. When I told my mother I was expecting my first child, she laugh and said "pay back." I didn't understand that remark until the first day my child came from the hospital. I got paid back for all the things I did as a child to my parents. I always wanted one child, I ended up having two. I pity the fool with more.. lol... Actually It is twice fold. One a tomboy, the other a little lady. They make the world go round...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm willing to bet that the anti-daddy thing is a stage that will soon pass.
    As for your last two sentences...A-freakin'-men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I have more than one and YES, they make me CRAZY. And yes...that happens all the time to me too. When I am home with the kids all they want to know is "When is DADDY coming home?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive always wanted only one child, but i surrounded him with other kids his age. still, though, he asked for a brother, + i tried to explain to him about the financial and emotional toll it would take on us. he was six.

    i got him a dog, + a few years later, his father married + now my son has a little brother. too bad they arent close geographically, but my son loves the big brother role.

    and kids? they say the darndest things...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! Those memories are what you need to keep when they become teenagers. LOL

    Girls tend to always love their fathers a wee bit more than their mothers, IMO.

    ReplyDelete