Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just a thought...

How is it I always seem to hurt the ones I care about? No matter how unintentional, it is always bound to happen. I always seem to have the best intentions, but things can, and do backfire.

I'm a guy, and as such, its been pointed out that we are, as a collective group, emotionless lumps of flesh. I feel however, at least with me, that emotion is hard to convey for men. I try at times, but it never seems to come out right, or it comes across in a different way than what was meant. Its even harder to express when you have no physical, face to face communication. You can't read the subtle expressions or what the body language may be saying in relation to the words, or maybe even contrary to the words.

Forgive me my guyness, but I'm a work in progress.

I hate to think that I can hurt someone so easily but totally unintentionally, but apparently I can.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm Hmm. I totally get it. I'm the same way. It's a guy thing. I do it all the damn time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. for putting that out there.
    its nice to know.
    I agree there is so much that cannot be interpeted thru a text or email.

    I have had this happen. Its not pleasant when there is a misunderstanding.

    I hate when peoples feeling get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, am I the queen of misunderstanding and miscommunication!! It is hard when all you have are sporadic contacts via text or email. It is bound to happen.

    What is important is to be able to apologize and for the other person to be open and understanding that this sort of thing can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger ate my comment darling man...no worries. I love you very much. Seeing you tonight, even for a few minutes was such a good thing. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments, it really is nice to know that I'm not the only one that has difficulty with this stuff.

    ReplyDelete