Monday, March 7, 2011

Rock Climbing

I had a pretty busy day saturday, which culmunated into something new for me. It started out with some work for the in-laws.  I had to install a new garbage disposal for them, which was not to bad. Then I hooked up and networked a new blue-ray player with wifi for Netflix.   I like electronics though, so its not big deal for me.

Later though, my wife and I were to join her sister and some friends for indoor rock climbing for her sisters birthday.  We showed up, got ourself set with harnesses and shoes, and then on to a quick how to with two employees.  I'm apparently a born natural, at least according to the group we were with. I think my height and weight helped me compared to the others in our group.  On one wall, I was able to make the top in 14 seconds, the record I'm told is 8 seconds. (this is an actual pic I took while there, 35 foot walls)

Let me just tell you guys, it is a great time, if you get the chance, do it. I highly recommend it.

We ended the day with drinks, appetizers, and cake at a local restaurant. So over all, it was a good night.

4 comments:

  1. SO glad you had a good time. Ive been a few times myself. Love it!
    Are you arms sore?

    Would youb ever go again?

    Kittycat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my fore arms are actually still tight today. I do plan on going back though, I did enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you take pics again. of you actually climbing. I think we need a visual ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great exercise! Probably really fun if you're not scared of heights and are coordinated!

    ReplyDelete