Tuesday, April 3, 2012

They were all under my spell, their attention hanging on every spoken word. Their eyes held a sparkle to them as they looked up at me from the rug. Even sitting, I towered over them all. The only sound other than my bass voice was the camera clicking at me from different angles.

I was signed up by my wife, to read a book to my daughters daycare class on my day off this past Friday. I got there at 3:30 as they were coming in from playing outside. My little one was the last through the door and let out a great big "daddy" as she ran over to hug me. Then the tears started. I'm told they get a bit emotional when their not used to seeing you in the middle of the day. All the kids got settled down and my daughter sat next to me on a little chair as I started reading The Three Little Pigs. They all sat with rapt attention for the most part, just my little one trying to clarify every what I was reading to her friends. It was cute to see them all so engrossed in such a simple story (this one was a little more embellished than the original). They were all quite happy though, it was nice to see all their little smiling faces thanking me after I was done. The teacher did take way to many pictures by the sounds of it. All in all, it was not all that bad. Kids tend to like me for some reason, I have no idea why.


No comments:

Post a Comment