Friday, May 11, 2012

Distance is a bitch. You loose some of those necessary senses. There's no touch, taste, or smell.  We can have hearing and seeing with technology today, but you always long for more. I want to wrap my arms around someone and comfort them, share their pain, give them warmth, and I'm hobbled by geography. I want to spend quality time taking pictures on the left coast with a friend, feel the ocean, sun and fun. I want to revel in those senses, savor every minute. I want to explore the European and Australasian continents, let my eyes drink in long forgotten beauty. Or wake up in Paris with the balcony windows thrown wide, the sounds and smells an assault on my flesh. Lay with a sleeping beauty in the Caribbean, night engulfing us in its peaceful, humid embrace, while flesh dances.    

No comments:

Post a Comment