Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I keep on planning to write, but never seem to get around to it, or simply don't feel I have anything worthy to share. I did have something break from the norm this past week, nothing too special, but interesting none the less.

For some reason I keep getting called for jury duty, but thankfully ever since I started going, I've never been picked, until now. Where I live now means I have to travel about 50 minutes to the new court house down in southern Mass. It was actually a nice surprise because the last time I had to report, it was some old run down, shitty court house with no room to sit or move. Not this one, this one was just finished in 2010 and cost us tax payers about $93 Million. Government at work.

After getting checked in and reading for a bit, the court officer in charge goes over what to expect for the day and then shows one of those movies that helps explain things. Then it was a few Seinfield episodes on the flat screens followed by the movie "Unstoppable", we wouldn't be able to see it all. There were only about 25-30 of us in the waiting room as there were two major cases going on in the supreme courts, we would only be needed for other cases. We all filed in and I was hopeful to dodge another jury as I was number 15 and they only needed 7 jurors. Then the challenges came, and those numbers kept getting closer and closer until I was called and seated, never even challenged, damn. One more young lady was chosen after me and they said thank you to everyone else, we have a full jury. I didn't dodge one this time, oh well, first time for everything.

The saving grace for getting chosen is, at least there was some eye candy. Two of the three women there had my attention more often than not. The woman that would eventually sit to my left got my attention on day one. As we sat in the jurors box, she would stretch her back and push out her perfectly sized chest, held tightly in the white tee, square into my peripheral vision. Needless to say, it was not just my peripheral vision for long. She always seemed to spare me a smile when there was a break in the action, or when we were trying not to laugh at the "dropped cheesecake" that kept reoccurring in the case.

I found more to like the following day when we all had to report back. Seems my new friend dressed a bit better on day number to. She was wearing some kind of grey pants that fit like those yoga pants I seem to like so much, matched with a low cut grey top and her blond hair cascading down her shoulders. Again, everytime we had to exit the court room, I couldn't take my eyes from the way those pants hugged her ass. I got a good enough look at times to see the outline of what I can only imagine is a very cute thong. Back in our sequestered little room, she would sit across from me and try to keep herself busy, as would the rest of us. Thankfully by the second day, we were all pretty comfortable with each other and conversations flowed freely between everyone.

When the last witness was done and closing statements were made, we retired yet again to our little room minus one. The outspoken Portuguese woman was drawn as an alternate, phew, dodged a bullet on that one, she was already feeling bad for the defendant the previous day. It took a little convincing for two other jurors, but we all agreed on her guilt, but at a lesser sum which was all that was proven. We filed back in to read the verdict and were excused. A few minutes after the judge came in to thank us for our time and see if anyone had questions. The one older gentleman who was feeling bad about finding her guilty, but agreeing she was wrong, asked what was going to happen to the defendant now? The judge then spilled that it was her second offense for the exact same crime and she was still on probation for that offense. The older man smiled and said in his best broken Portuguese accent "I no feel so bad no more, she get what she deserve." We could not help but laugh.

We all left together and headed for the parking garage. We all joked and started heading our separate directions. It was the blond and I on the same level. I wish I could write that more happened, but all there was from me was a "it was good meeting you", she said the same, smiled and kept walking.

Yep, I do it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment