Friday, October 22, 2010

The Cabin

The driveway to the cabin lies hidden on that bend in road ahead.  I turn onto it, careful on the gravel surface to keep the bike up.  Its a nice long way off the road, plenty of privacy, exactly what I had envisioned for our rendezvous.

I come to a stop near the cabin and find a suitable place to park the bike.  Looking around, the air crisp,  I take in the changing fall colors all around the lake, its calming.  The anticipation has been heavy as of late.  Undoing my helmet strap and pulling it off, the cool air catches in my throat.

Looking to my right, I see her clearly in the window, her face alight as her hand reaches to her neck for something that I can't make out.

I throw my leg over and off the bike, and make my way towards the cabin as she quickly disappear from the window pane.   The smile on my face widening as the months of anticipation flood my thoughts yet again.

There has been so much talk of this moment that I'm unsure which of the plethora of scenarios is about to play out when she meets me at the door.  One thing is for sure, I'm open for any and all of them.

3 comments:

  1. That anticipation is such a thrill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the moment it probably will be. Over time, anticipation has been many other things as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any and all? Are you sure.........

    ReplyDelete