Saturday, May 21, 2011

Another date night.

We had another date night, last night, the wife and I. All I can say is I'm starting to hate these.

It started out fine, at three I dropped of my little one for a sleep over with her cousins, which she loves by the way. Lets just say she never shed a tear as I left, it was more of a "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" thing. From there, I made my way to the train station, as I would be meeting my wife in Boston. It was an uneventful ride, I read a magazine I'd brought with me and was listing to my iPod, it makes for a quick 45 minute trip to Back Bay.

I called her when I got in and asked her where to meet, she said in front of her building, no problem. At this point, its a beautiful 65 sunny degrees. The sights in town are great when the weather is good. I meet her out front and we proceed to a bar where we would be having some drinks with some of her coworkers. We arrived first, sat down outside, and had a drink while waiting for others to arrive. We were talking while waiting, no big deal. I had mentioned that I had heard from one of my brothers, even though he was not working last night (he tends bar at a nice restaurant in the Back Bay area), he was going to be in town too, so I texted him to let him know where we were. Four of her coworkers arrived about a half hour after we arrrive and we were all talking and drinking. Two of them had to leave after awhile, one who is her boss, actually picked up the tab for everyone, very cool of him. At this point we all moved inside as the temp is dropping fast and the wind is picking up. There are only four of us now and a few minutes later my brother walks in and joins us, nice, I haven't seen him for a few months. One of her coworker had his boyfriend meet us there as well. We were all having a good time and my brother had to leave to make a concert at the House of Blues. Soon after, we departed company and went our own way, with another of her bosses picking up the tab again for everyone.

The two of us started walking towards a nice little Irish pub thats a bit of a ways away planning on having dinner, we were both starving. Chatting, enjoying the sights (the women are dressed to kill at night in Boston), we made it to the restaurant. We got a table right away, which I was shocked at, its past 8 at this point. We order our food and drinks and have a nice dinner. She was done before I and not finishing her drink. I asked if she was ok, and she said she was getting a headache. The only thing that went through my mind at this point is, great, the excuses are already starting. We finish dinner and have a little while before the next train out of town. I wanted to find a bar that I've heard about, so we walked to that then had to head for the train. We get to the train, and she realizes that she read the scheduled wrong, the next train won't come for another hour and half. Great. Any chance of any kind of sex is gone, I know it.

I told her I don't want to sit in the train station, so we head out to walk around for awhile. About a half hour later, she is complaining about her feet hurting, now she has a blister. My mind has already written the rest of the night off at this point, so I'm just trying to enjoy the walk. Were heading back for the train, still to early. Sitting at the station, shes reading a book, so I listen to my music, waiting for that 45 minute ride home. A ride where I try to bury my aggravation. We finally made it home by about 11:30 and just go to bed.

Why is it I'm always going to bed sexually frustrated? Am I wrong to want, especially when we don't have the little one in the house for the night? I figured it would be a perfect time to let lose, she would not have to stifle those screams as she so often does. And yet, here we are again, another date night, another excuse. I'm growing so tired of these.

Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent, yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment