Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First ride

I think we completely skipped over spring here in the North East. We went from temps in the 40's, straight to the 80's since Friday. As you can tell though, the weather has been pretty fucked up everywhere, from the worse tornado's ever, to flooding, to unseasonal-able temps, high and low.

I was finally able to get out on my bicycle for the first time this season. The wife and I took a walk with the wee one and ended up walking 5 miles on one of those rails-to-trails roads. It was nice and quiet, hot but sunny and enjoyable, and the little one passed out for awhile. We headed home and the wife was complaining how hot it was and she just wanted to crash on the couch. I said fine, I'm going out for a bike ride.

I got all my stuff dusted off and ready to roll, stretched, and headed out. Yea, it was pretty damn hot, but it felt good to just be out, my legs pumping rhythmically on the pedals, the sun flitting through the trees, the wind in my face and rattling my jersey. My legs came back to form about 6 miles in, it took my lungs about the 10 mile mark before I was feeling good dancing in the saddle.

I was running low on water by about 20 miles and figured I should head back. I managed a respectable 25 miles, but a low average speed, those hills were killing me. Well, hopefully I'll get back to form soon.
One thing thats really killing now is my ass, damn saddle sore today. Oh well.

On the plus side, I did get a compliment from a passing car full of women. They yelled "nice ass" as they drove by. Those bike shorts hide nothing.

2 comments:

  1. All we get is a pic of the bike!?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the Lord you have the ass for the shorts! People that don't are horrifying and quite common here in Florida. No spring here, either. We went from hot to HOT.

    ReplyDelete