Thursday, August 18, 2011

Observation

I sat in the mall yesterday, by myself, eating my lunch, and I just watched. There's all the young girls, by themselves, tying to act older than they are, wishing school doesn't start soon. There are the kids with their parents, school shopping, and obviously not wanting to be there.  And there are those like me, just out for a convenient bite to eat, a break from the grind.

I sit at my table, my helmet, backpack, and food spread around me, and I'm can't stop looking back at this one woman. She looks to work at one of the stores in the mall, judging by the name tags on those around her. One man sits to her left, keeping his distance and not saying much, just staring at his food most of the time. Across from her sits another woman whom she seems to be in deep conversation with. What caught my attention initially, now has keep it.

I watch this woman talking, she has her right hand up under her shirt, resting on her stomach, moving it around every now and then. Then her left hand, across her chest, under her tank and bra strap on her right shoulder, again, just caressing. Then its one hand to her hair, pulling it up, then the other on her bare neck. The whole time, she and her companion, never stop talking. And this goes on the whole time I'm sitting there eating.

I can't help but wonder what she's thinking about as her hands roam over her own body involuntary, craving that skin on skin contact. Is it her husband or a boyfriend back home, longing for his touch? Is it a lover who just broke that connection while she hungrily craves more? Is it repressed sexual tension just oozing out subconsciously?

These are the things I think about as I sit there, alone, lost in thought yet again.
These are things I crave, to be touched with passion, longing and desire.

1 comment:

  1. We notice those details, in people's behaviors, more easily when we have those same needs. Interesting post. :)

    ReplyDelete