Thursday, June 24, 2010

A great day


he second part of the day was exciting. After leaving work at six, three coworkers and myself headed up to New England Dragway, two of us with bikes, one with a car, the other elected camera man. It was a first for me and and all I can say is it was fucking incredible. I had my Yamaha R1, D had his Yamaha R6, and E ran his turbo Honda S2000.
There are a few rules they require you to follow for safety depending on how fast you go. If you go quicker than 10.5 sec in the quarter mile or faster than 120 mph then you must have a starter kill tied to your person. Neither one of us has such a device, both of our bikes being stock. Well the first run I make, I'm a little nervous and take it easy, but end up running 12.69 at 124.34 mph. Oops, I think I'm in trouble, I get to the end, take my time slip, nothing, no warning or talking to. Cool.
The next few runs get better, the fear gone, I start experimenting with different launching rpm's or shift points. In the end, the best time I got through 8 runs was 11.226 at 136.79 mph., never one warning given for breaking the trap speed limit. The bike is capable of high 9 second times at 147 mph, but not the rider, oh well. I will put a video up to share when I get it, but it was a fucking rush.
P.S. Sorry Spring, I can't take riders down the quarter mile with me :(


The R1 still sits in my truck bed a day later.

Sexy ass.

4 comments:

  1. LOL - I can't have it all, can't I? The video will do, I guess. :)

    PS: what a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going good right now! Good to hear, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the reason I don't own a bike. I'd drive that fast through my neighborhood and that is just plain stupid. It's cool that you can enjoy yourself out on a track like that.

    Funny you mentioned the laugh of your friend. I have always found an energetic laugh in a woman to be a real turn-on.

    ReplyDelete