Saturday, June 5, 2010

Narrow Escape

Well, the end to another week. I must stay this was a rough one. You, all twenty of you, almost lost me and my wicked mind.

I was commuting home on the red rocket Tuesday, making good time on the highways, enjoying the weather in the 80's. I had made it about forty minutes south of work and was on the back roads in my local area, just taking my time, when I spotted a pickup truck trying to back out of his driveway. There were three other cars in front of me, but instead of letting this guy out, they would slow down and swerve into the other lane to go around him. At this point I'm only going about 20mph so I stop and let him back out. About 2 seconds later he jams on the brakes and is pointing over my shoulder. I can't see anything in my mirrors but I heard the screech of tires. I look to my left to see a tire stopped six inches from where my left foot is on the ground. I look to the driver of the Ford Escape and he just shrugs at me while maintaining his phone call. If I had not been holding the clutch and brake levers in, I would have shattered his passenger window.

If he had hit me, I'm pretty sure I would be laid up in the hospital right now. I hate sharing the roads with clueless Massholes. Just another reason I always wear full leathers when commuting on the Yamaha.

Well at least the bad has been tempered with the good, I've had some nice conversations online this past week with a follower...

Anyway, just wanted to share a little. If you drive, please be aware of motorcyclist, we are more out there in the open just trying to share the roads. If you want to hit the guys doing 100mph on one wheel though thats fine with me, one less person giving the rest of us a bad name.

6 comments:

  1. It's funny because I have so many mixed emotions about cyclist? Living in the bay area my experience has been mixed, good/bad! In my area they have no respect for us "quote-un-quote" normal drivers. It's like a side show, look at me I'm driving a motorcycle, oooh'... Like you've mentioned those 100 mph drivers. Totally disruptive, careless, rebbed up engines, bobbing, weaving in/out of traffic...that shit drives me bannana's...potiential road kill!

    I'm glad you're OK sweetie, after all I'm #21 looking forward to more post LOL!

    PS. Thanks for stopping by my sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're ok too!!!

    (did we chat? nope. damn. you're not referring to me... lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meagan: I love 2 wheels and 4, but we do have to share the roads. Thanks for the well wishes.

    Spring Flower: You can chat with me anytime you want sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo glad that you are here and not in the hospital! I used to ride and know all too well how people do not pay attention to bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful as well that you escaped unharmed!

    ReplyDelete