Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ferrari 458 Italia vs. Ducati 1098s

I have always loved cars, ever since I was a kid. When I got my licence I was driving my Dads little Nissan pickup for a few years, then I started looking for that first cool car. I was on a budget, of course, but I found the one for me. And it was to much money. I convinced my dad to let me buy it anyway, since I already had a steady job. My first car was a Red 1988 Mustang LX 5.0 with manual transmission. This was my first taste of speed.

All perceptions of speed would change for me when I got my first bike. 0-60 times went from mid 6 second times to about 3 seconds. And my first track day would open my eyes to the idea of really leaning into a corner carrying speed.

Anyway, this is a new video from MotorTrend that show the difference between two top performers, one on two wheels the other on four.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE ducati!!!
    My first car was a 1969 mustard yellow mustang fastback.

    Can I say ewwwwww. For a young girl this is not the mustang I wanted for my first car. I wanted something else a better year or a Nova.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a Mustang and Ford fan ever since owning that car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first car was a Chevy Monza 2+2 4-banger (ugh). I wanted so badly to drop a 350 in it but never did. I traded it for a little Nissan pickup (back in the mini-truck craze). Another 4-banger but a 5-speed and I still have it. Got my first V-8 when I got my 4X4 Yukon and it definitely wasn't for speed! I lost any chance to get a bike when I got married, damn it. Oh... and I'm a Chevy/Corvette fan. Nothing against Mustangs of course.

    ReplyDelete