Friday, December 17, 2010

Santa's job

Just when you think your kid is not listening to things; we've tried to get M to sit with Santa at a local Mall, and she wants nothing to do with him, she says "scary" and turns away. That is until we tried to leave and were in the parking lot an she says "I want Claus, Claus lap", over and over. You know damn well if we went back in she would want nothing to do with him. I didn't think she understood what Santa was yet, she is just over 2 now.

But M had something cute to say on the way home from daycare the other day.  I'm told, out of the blue she says "Claus come my house". My wife asked her what Claus is going to do at our house, "Bring toys".

So I guess now is a good time to use that, like yesterday when she would not cooperate getting into her car seat. I whispered to her that if she wants Santa to come to our house she has to behave and be a good girl. It worked, I was a bit shocked at her complete 180, but believe me, I'm not complaining.

6 comments:

  1. That is cute. :)

    I used to scream and cry when my parents brought me to see Santa. I have a pic at home, my face all red, covered in tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so your one of those parents who bribes your kid?
    LOL

    Just jackin with ya. I did the same things when my kids were little.
    still do. but mostly I threaten that I will send my soccerboy away .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this age... they still believe you !!

    Keep documenting all this adorable stuff.. it will bring you great joy to go back and read someday. Christmas will prob be wonderful at your house this year, now that she gets the whole SANTA thing.

    Enjoy.. they grow so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! My 2 1/2 year old keeps talking about Santa Claus and that he is going to bring her "lots of toys". I don't know if she really gets it either but she seems excited that something great is gonna go down soon. Kids are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little guy just turned 3. It is so fun talking to him about it. Potty training isn't going well and Santa is helping out. I see no problem with that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Works in July as well as December. I'd use Santa all year long.

    ReplyDelete