Friday, December 16, 2011

Buzzes, movies, and art..........Kinda

A few things to touch on today. One, I'm still dealing with this fucking headache, but it's thankfully not the full on migraine anymore. It is definitely the first time I had one last this long, three damn days now.

There have been some developments with a good friend of mine and I that has me running through a roller coaster of emotions the past two days. There's been anger, pain, compassion, hurt, love, perseverance, understanding, care, frustration, jealousy, happiness, and tears. But as always, its better after talking things trough, and we become even closer in a relationship that just can't be quantified.

Last night I went to pick up the little one from day care and when I got there, she saw me and cried, "I don't want daddy" and didn't want to come near me. That just warms the cockles of your heart, doesn't it? She apparently wasn't ready to come home. It took two different teachers to convince her that her friends were leaving soon too. As an aside, there is a new teacher there that is incredibly attractive and I have a hard time keeping my eyes from wandering towards her. Anyway, got the little one home, fed, gave her a bath, ready for bed, let her watch some TV and stay up late while waiting for a tardy mom to get home. I spent that time fixing a faulty printer diver which took way too long, but its fixed. Mom got home, we put the little one down, I showered and went back downstairs to watch a Netflix movie that I've been sitting on for a few weeks now. In the process of watching UnstoppableI had a few too many drinks and was feeling pretty damn good by the end. I must say it was a really good movie. And the buzz actually really helped my head too, bonus. (I put the trailer for the movie below)

What else is there, ah yes, I've officially been commissioned for some art work, it was actually a few weeks ago, but I need to really get working on it. I've been mulling some ideas over in my head, but have yet to put pencil to sketch pad. It is one of my wife's cousins who wants me to come up with a patch for his motorcycle organization. They would make me a member even though I'm "too fast and hard core" for their type of group. Frankly, the fact that I've hit 167 MPH on my bike scared the shit out of him, but he said after much debate among the admission committee over my need for speed, he was able to intervene on my behalf. Considering the group consist of about five guys who ride cruisers, most of whom I know, it was pretty damn funny. What do you expect from a group that named themselves "The Candy Ass Posers", now you know why my admission is purely on my artistic ability's and familial relationship as I certainly don't fit the criteria of a poser on a my bike.

I guess that's all for now, have a good weekend my friends.


"Maybe one day I'll be an honest man
Up till now I'm doing the best I can
Long roads.Long days, of sunrise, to sunset
Sunrise to sunset

Dream on brothers while you can
Dream on sisters I hope you will find the one
All of our lives, covered up quickly by the tides of time"

                                             Dickinson/Gers


1 comment:

  1. Must watch that movie.

    Sorry you daughter did not want to leave daycare. That used to happen to me all the time with my son. Just think it means she is comfortable there so you have her in the right center:)

    TCAP! Too funny. Reminds me that I know someone who plays airsoft on Team Douche. lol

    ReplyDelete