Saturday, December 3, 2011

Last weekend

Over the weekend the wife and I made a trek up to Cambridge. One of her cousins is a Priest that has been transferred recently to a prominent college there, lets just say it starts with a Har and ends with a vard. Yea, make sure you say it while looking down your nose at people you think your better than, because that's the attitude many of them have up there. I'll not say all do, but yes, many, and he agrees with me. The whole area has developed this elitist nature that's taken on a life of it's own. I can't help but wonder if that's where many Bostonian's get their attitudes from, that high concentration of elite schools in the area very well could effect the overall climate and give many this entitlement that I hate so much.

I learned that the school has a policy to buy any property's that come up for sale since prices have skyrocketed in the past few decades there and there is no free space for expansion. I only mention this because it did make me feel a bit out of place there, as there were many a sideways look while we were out. It doesn't bother me like it used to when I was younger, now I revel in my individuality. Maybe it was our jackets that were getting the looks as he's a Harley owner and had his riding jacket on with giant logos everywhere, and I happened to have my ridding jacket on as well with all the armor in (it makes me look a bit more broad).

It was a decent night overall, we hit a cool restaurant with some micro brews on tap and had a good dinner. We then went to another place where a scene from The Town was shot, cool movie by the way. No room there we moved onto another place just down the street with an outdoor patio and wood burning stove dead center. Had a few more drinks and decided to call it a night. The ride home actually took longer than the ride in, surprisingly. It's nice to be able to get along with someone from her side so well. Anyway, you all know the rest of the story, how the nights end for me. 

Oh well, just felt like writing something, I didn't really have a point except hating the sense that entitlement.


3 comments:

  1. So are you saying no sex?!?! WTF?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I knew you you've heard this ending before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...story of my life. An outsider had to tell me what a "Happy Ending" is.

    ReplyDelete