Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Nature's caresss

The rain is falling outside, steadily washing everything in sight. I step out into it, my first thought is to pick up the pace as the first drops hit. 


I don't.

I pick myself up, my head high, shoulders back and welcome the rain to my skin. It's cold as they strike my face. The touch is a tiny shock with each impact. I feel every drop, on my cheeks, in my hair, down the back of my neck.

Walking unwaveringly forward, I pull in a deep breath. The cold air burns as it races through me, feeling it travel down my throat, filling my lungs with its cleansing spirit.

I welcome the touches as one would a lovers. Savoring each sensation as it may be my last.

I have felt an inner peace in this moment, this slight slowing in time, if even for only a few seconds. I revel in nature's caress, for it is fleeting and gone before I can truly appreciate the gift accorded me.

1 comment: