Monday, March 26, 2012

I had a very busy weekend doing some home improvement shit, sadly it was one task that took quite a bit of time. I started in on some tile work in the bathroom Saturday after having a morning swim class with the wee one. I ended up working on it from about 11 till 5 and only got one section of wall tiled, not as much as I was hoping. I had to stop and get cleaned up though as the wife was having some family and a friend over to help with some project for Easter, so I had to entertain of her friends husband for the night. That was not too bad though, he's a nice guy, we just headed down to man-town, watched a movie and had some drinks. Once everyone was gone, I helped my wife clean up and we headed to bed. I was really hoping for some sex, its been about two weeks, and it was my hope that the wine she was drinking would loosen her resolve some. Sadly, she was snoring as her head hit the pillow. I should know better than to hope.

Sunday morning I was greeted to the clock saying 8:30, needless to say I was shocked. My daughter usually never lets us get past 7. I got up to see what the two of them were doing and ended up playing with the little on for a bit before my wife ask when I'm going to start back on the tile. I told her I needed a shower first, I'm just not truly awake without a shower. So I did that, got dressed and headed down for a quick breakfast. As I threw something in the toaster, I headed out to the garage and got the wet saw and everything else I would need set up. I came back and stood there eating while making a cup of coffee when the wife came down and started right in on me. "This is why I want to hire someone to do it, it takes you forever to get going." I was fucking pissed at that and told her I'd been getting things set up in the mean time. I didn't say another word to her for the next three hours.

I was working away till about 5 again, but I finished all the tile work. Thank fucking god. It was more like tile work with a side of stair-master thrown in for good measure. I must have been up and down the stairs about 75-100 times, just lots of fine cuts and angles to work with. I can say today that my ass is feeling it, it truly is a glut workout. I was more happy that she couldn't say a damn word about how much I got done. I at least got a "it looks really good" from her.

With the work done, I showered, made dinner for M and started a fire since I was fucking freezing still from my hands being numb working with the wet cutter in 40 degree temps. I made dinner for both of us after M was fed and happy. I made a drink for myself and settled on the couch for some relaxing time. We put M down and headed back to the TV. I didn't really have much to say to my wife, I was still holding on to that comment from earlier. The movie I was watching ended around 9:30 or so while she read sitting there. I headed to bed not even considering sex, I know my mental state wouldn't even be there. Not that I had to worry about that. I put a movie on in the bedroom and she was out again in about two minutes. I ended up watching it for about an hour before I finally let sleep take me.

3 comments:

  1. All that work and you made don.er? Someone needs a smack in the head and it's not hon. oy vey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. stupid autotext... it also needs a smack.... I can't believe you had to make your own dinner. make sure everyone sees your tile work... it looks great!

    ReplyDelete