Friday, March 23, 2012

A Wednesday

It's been unseasonably warm her in the North East these past few days. So much so that I was able to take the R1 to work the other day. There is something about the sights and scents that a nice days bring out. Being near the water at work affords me a nice view of the bay and a nearness with the ocean that I've always loved. It's the scent though that always takes me back to my childhood, vacationing in Hampton Beach up in New Hampshire. That salt tinge to the air always takes on a different smell when the temps rise above the 70 degree mark. Too bad their talking a snow storm next week.

A pic from over the bay yesterday morning.

While out to lunch a friend from work wanted to take a ride with me. So he borrowed someone else's bike and we took a cruise down by the beach, then to a coffee shop for a quick drink before returning to the grind. It was just great to get out, and by the looks of the crowd on the beach, we weren't the only ones enjoying the great temps. From the full parking along the beach to the out door seating at the few restaurants, the wasn't much free space at all.

The cherry's blooming early. (I think it's a Dogwood, but am told otherwise)

When I got home, my father in law was waiting with the wee one, having their Wednesday movie night. He jumped right up to have me help him with something he brought with him and was having trouble with. I fixed that for him and he was on his way. My daughter finally noticed I was home and for some reason wanted to try on my motorcycle pants. So as I took those off, she noticed the bicycling tights I wear underneath to help with insulation and to keep the leather from sticking. She wants to try those too. I get her into the leathers, not an easy task mind you with all the armor in them. She was loving it. Then she wanted the tights. After she had those on, she says to me, "I need something on my leg". It took me a minute to realize she was talking about my tattoo. Oh no honey, your to little for that. She says "yea, my leg to small to fit, I wait till I bigger". Well, she got that right, wait till you much bigger sweetie.

3 comments:

  1. Look how cute your daughter is:) Love it:)

    My girls dumped a bottle of bottle spray upstairs. Warm vanilla sugar.

    Glad you got out on the R1:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks naughtyangel, I like to think she is quite cute.

      So how long is it going to smell like "warm vanilla sugar" in your house? At least its a fragrance you like.

      Unfortunately the R1 is back under the cover in the garage awaiting the warm weather again, the temps dropped again around here.

      Delete
    2. Yes the temps have dropped here too! Brrrrr I wouldn't be caught dead on a bike with this wind.

      Still smells like warm vanilla sugar. LOL I wonder how long it will last, thankfully it was the body spray which tends to be less potent than perfume. It never ends:)

      Delete