Monday, March 19, 2012

Pool night

Some of you who stop here regularly know of my Monday night ritual. Nothing special, just a excuse to get out of the house, have some drinks, hang with some friends, and play pool.  I will occasionally play a set of matches, depending on our numbers and who was there for the night (believe it or not, there is some strategy involved). On a good night, we would be at a nice bar with plenty of good looking women to check out, but those unfortunately are few and far between. We play mostly at private bars/clubs, so the sights are usually non existent. Now most nights, its neither here nor there for me. I'm just content to watch and have a few Cap n Cokes. I tend to be an average player, I have my good games and bad ones.

A few weeks back though I had a really good night, at least as far as pool was concerned. I was thrown up against a player of the same skill level as myself. We got up there, shook hands, and lagged for the break, I won. Being an even level, it was a race to three wins for either one of us. The first game I was feeling a bit unremarkable shooting. In the end I won the match, but just by on ball. The next game felt much better, I broke and ran 5 balls before stepping back. It wound up being another win. I was feeling pretty good after that one, I just needed one more. I broke again, but not so much of a good run this time. It ended up taking a few rounds, but win I did. I was happy, as was our team because we were down a match going into this one.

I don't remember winning the lag and three straight games in such a handy fashion, but it felt damn good to come home on a high that night. Now, if only there was some little hottie to watch bending over the table, that would have really made my night.

4 comments:

  1. Or a little hottie who happens to need help aiming;) YAY for winning three in a row:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be more than willing to help a hottie in need of help on the felt.
      Thanks Naughtyangel.

      Delete
  2. So it's not just us guys checking out the asses, I fucking knew it.
    Sorry KittyCat, no firefighters in my league.

    ReplyDelete