Monday, November 14, 2011

Saturday dining

I planned a nice dinner out for my wife's birthday this past Saturday. All she wanted was a hands off night out, she wanted to worry about none of it. Not a problem with me, easy enough. I found a newer restaurant in our area that we've never been to before and made reservations for 5, it was either that or 9. So with those made, next was finding a sitter for M. My first choice was busy so I hit up my sister in law to see if she had any plans. Within a hour she got back to me, not only was she not busy, but she offered to take M overnight. I figured that was even better, rather than a few hours at dinner, we had the night to ourselves, maybe we could capitalize on that time.

I actually had Saturday off, so I didn't have to rush home to get ready or anything which was nice. The down side was being home with M and my wife all day. I know, that sounds terrible, but let me explain. For some reason M was making my wife a bit on the quick to snap short fuse side. She was quite aggravated with M constantly wanting her. I did my best to keep M busy, but she would still go running for Mom and just chat her ear off. For the past two weeks my wife has had little to no patience, so it's been a bit of pussy footing over hot coals for me. We got things ready for M's overnight stay and got ready ourselves for dinner, there was a dress code to meet after all. We headed to the sis in law's and dropped of the wee one then headed straight for the restaurant which is a few towns away. We got there with two minutes to spare, headed to the door, and it was locked. They weren't even open yet, so we sat in the car and waited about 10 minutes until someone came to let the growing crowd in the parking lot in. We were greeted by the owner and given a nice table in the back that oversaw everything. We got some drinks and talked a bit, trying to figure out the menu, much of which was a bit confusing. We ordered and ended up having a really good meal, Tapas, entrees and dessert. The food was excellent, the best I've had out to eat in years, of course that's why it cost so much more too I'm sure. All in all, it went by quicker than I thought. We were there for about an hour and a half total, but it was a great place to spend some time.

After, she wanted to go to a shoe store, I wasn't going to argue, this was for her birthday. So we went there and I walked around looking at nothing while she was in shoe heaven. After a half hour or so there we headed home. We got in and the first thing I wanted was another drink, so I made myself one. I then made a nice fire and we settled in to watch some TV since it was still early. She moved to the floor in front of the fire and was asleep in about 5 minutes, it was still before 9... So ended what I was hoping to be a romantic night without the little one.

4 comments:

  1. Sounded like a great evening, why not snuggle in front of the fire?

    If I have a bit of wine (or heavy meal) and I sit in front of the tv, it's the perfect recipe for me to fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW...sounds like the shit that happens to me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turning the TV on is practically code for "I'm not in the mood for sex tonight" or it can be, as France said, just beign caught up in the exhaustion of the day. Either way, after a special night out, it's tough to have it end that way.

    I know exactly how it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for your comments.

    France, It was a good evening overall, it just seems sleep comes all to quickly to her.

    Naughty Kitty, You feel my pain.

    Advizor, It's nice to know I'm not the only one this happens to.

    ReplyDelete