Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Angel

I find myself quite amazed at the love I have for my daughter.  It seems fitting to write about it now after reading all of your comments on my last post.  Thank you all by the way.

I was always of the mind that I never wanted children.  It took my wife and I ten years before we decided to even try.  I was that unsure. So after a huge mess of fertility treatments, "chemical" pregnancy's, and multiple miscarriages, all spread over two and a half years, we decided to just let it happen if it was going to happen.  Four months later we found out she was 12 weeks pregnant.


Fast forward two years to the present, and I'm simply amazed at my capacity to love this little girl.  Don't get me wrong, she still has the ability to make me want to ring her neck with that attitude of hers (must get it from mom), but the love is still unconditional.  She just makes me melt, from the blond haired, blue eyed looks, to the little sayings or words she has been learning.  I'll just stand in her room at night, staring at her sleeping sometimes, overwhelmed that she is mine.

I never imagined I would love anyone so much as I do that little angel.

5 comments:

  1. I feel that with the attitude from her mom and the cuteness from you, she'll be breaking hearts!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way every time I look in a mirror. - Woodstock

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the same about my son. He just started kindergarten. If I could just get rid of the asshole in him! I don't want him to grow up like his father. Over my dead body!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are amazing aren't they. I never knew what unconditional love was until my daughter. It is so deep that it hurts sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh. This post got me. I have a 2 year old, blond, blue eyed angel of my own. And now, I'm going to go watch her sleeping.

    ReplyDelete