Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sweetness

I had the cutest moment with my daughter last night and just wanted to share it.

We were sitting on the couch watching TV after I feed her dinner.  The Sprout channel was on which she really likes.  She was sitting in my lap facing the TV, I had my book beside me on the arm of the couch reading while trying not to melt my brain on children's programming.  My right arm was around her, my left holding the book open.  She looks over and says "daddy's book" while pointing at it.  I asked her if she wants me to read it to her and she says "yes".  I read about three or four sentences and she cranes her head back at me, raises her hand to my mouth and says "no more Dada" and proceeds to go back to watching Sprout.

I had the biggest smile on my face for a good hour just thinking about it.

9 comments:

  1. So cute!!! :) I wish I had a child for moments like those...

    (who names a channel "Sprout"? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love those moments. It will be one of those great memories you can tell her about later. Oh and we watch Sprout around here too...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are those "heartstring" moments...

    how very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy them while they are little, when she hits 6th grade it will be a different story.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little guy makes me smile too. It is very sweet. I had no idea of the love you could have for a child until I had my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that. Last night my daughter said "gosh mommy, your being rude" I about fell over with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smile everytime I remember the sound of your voice telling me this story...she really is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those unplanned moments of cuteness are always the ones that make the biggest impact. She sounds sweet...like her Daddy.

    xoxo
    ~vk~


    It's been forever since my manchild could sit on my lap. He was taller than me in like 5th grade. But sometimes when he walks in the door and raids my frige, the kind of memory you just shared flood my mind, and I just smile at how far we have come together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwww, very cute. we watch sprout all the time (favs are the wiggles, sesame street and zooboomafo). this age is both adorable and maddening for me. ha! kids are funny.

    ReplyDelete