Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Anniversary

Well, another anniversary come and gone, and nary a blade of grass blown out of the ordinary order of things. We've been married now, less than fifteen years but more than thirteen, in the whole scheme of things, not a lot of time, I know. But, talk about just another day, did I expect as much? Honestly, yes. Was I hoping for more? Hell yes.

How about a run down of the day, shall we?
Up at 5:10, shower, get ready for work, get the little one up and fed breakfast, say bye, the wife says "Happy Anniversary" and on the road by 6:15. At work by 7, order flowers and have them sent to her work (not something I normally do by the way). Grind through another morning, make it to lunch time and have a nice conversation with Beryl on the phone. Back to work, grinding until 5 when S, yes the same coworker, gets changed at work to "go out shopping". She is dressed to kill, 4 inch heals, skin tight leggings (is that what their called?), and a top she is ready to fall out of, another attempt to tease I'm assuming. Another hour here, out at 6, talk with Beryl some more on the ride home.

Home at 7:10. Play with the little one until getting her ready for bed, put her down at 7:45. Back downstairs, help cut up some fresh fruit for the wee one, clean up, put things away. Upstairs to shower, back downstairs for a dinner consisting of frozen pizza. My opinion is needed on what kind of kids table to buy the little one, ohhhh the excitement, I can hardly contain myself. In bed by 10, a movie on, and the cold shoulder from my wife. Wow, life is grand.

Was I expecting to be greeted at the door with her on her knees? No, but those were thoughts put there by someone else. Was I expecting more than a thank you for the dozen roses? Abso fucking lutly...The cold shoulder doesn't cut it.

Coming up next post, The Phone.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the anniversaries I used to have. Sorry, hun.

    ReplyDelete