Thursday, May 13, 2010

Crawling

"There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface, consuming, confusing. This lack of self control I fear is never ending, controlling, I can't seam, to find myself again, my walls are closing in. I felt this way before, so insecure."

"This comfort endlessly has pulled itself upon me, distracting, reacting. Against my will I stand beside my own reflection. Its haunting how I can't seam, to find myself again, my walls are closing in. I felt this way before, so insecure."

"Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal, fear is how I cope, confusing what is real." by Linkin Park

I find this a very fitting quote due to a few of the comments I've received from my last post. Depression? Well, I do meet many of the clinical descriptions, becoming more introverted, not eating, loss of interest in many things, not sleeping well, etc., but I don't consider myself depressed. Agitation, anger, frustration? Yes, most definitely. I don't really know what it is that I keep buried, maybe it is just guilt for even having these feelings of wanting more. I keep thinking that I should be happy with what I have, but you know what, I would give it all up to feel desired again. I don't care about having dinner waiting when I get home, hell I would give up my house and everything I have worked so hard for these past years. I have worked so hard the last ten years at getting everything "we" wanted, I think I lost what I wanted. Don't get me wrong, I an proud of my accomplishments, getting my BSBA through years of night school, the expensive house in the burbs, the bike, a decent job, etc., but I've come up feeling empty.

Don't get me wrong, I am very appreciative of my wife, she did push me to finish school, she is a great mother, and I still do love her and want to be with her, but I want more from her physically, not mentally. I think it really is guilt, that I should not want these things, that drives me crazy inside. I've become so confused because I have talked with my wife about our physical being, and I think I made things worse, I feel she really doesn't want me that way any more, hence the reason for my whole trying to change myself, thinking it was me.

I am ready to give it all up except for the one thing that I have learned over the past two years. Absolute, unconditional, true love, I have learned it from my daughter, she can't even really talk yet, yet I would die for her, do anything for her, and that is the reason I will suffer in silence, for her. I can't think of loosing her. That scares me more than anything, her not having a father.

But on the other side of the same token, I would jump at the chance to have an affair if the opportunity presented itself to me, just to feel passion again, fully understanding what I could be giving up in the process. Seems so foolish I'm sure to many, but I don't know what else to do. My wife and I have talked, been through counseling, talked some more, and I just feel things getting worse.

I would love to hear from others that I'm not crazy or being unreasonable, because I'm beginning to feel the fool.

4 comments:

  1. I hate to really first time comment on this post. But...
    I think that there are so many people out there that feel this same way. Most people need passion or even to just feel "wanted". Some take the step and some don't. You have tried with your wife, told her what you need, and I don't know what more you can do.
    Don't beat yourself up about this. It is a normal feeling.
    I can't give you advice other than to know that what you want and feel is normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Danielle on this..there are a lot of us that feel the way you do and struggle on a daily basis with decisions we make or have to make. You are normal and definitely not alone in your struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you know I agree with Kat and Danielle... about being normal and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know you but I like that you find the strength to get through this all for your daughter.

    You don't need my advice, but why not very discretely have an Internet relationship with a married female you can share your feelings with - someone preferably multiple states away - and secondly, if you find the right opportunity, have a brief no commitment fling with someone?

    I know this sounds very immoral, but frankly, if you can find some emotional relief in the form of a no threat person, and some physical relief in the form of someone you are not emotionally attached to, it makes it all a lot easier to deal with the issues with your wife.

    I know, this is probably the worst advice ever.

    ReplyDelete